The world filled with widescreen LCDs!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
I dunno if Im the only person but I really hate widescreen LCDs. I usually never watch movies on my computer, and the fact that some games don't support wide screens ( not to mention they are really weird for FPS games ). It seems that all the LCD monitors are going to be wide screen thought. Anyone have any recommendations for a non-widescreen LCD?

How big of an LCD are you looking for?

Soon most games if not, all games will support wide-screen in the future. It's better to watch movies on, and it's how we see things naturally, at a wide perspective. But everybody has their like and dislikes.

Here are some good non-widescreen LCDs:
Newegg.com - ViewSonic X Series VX922 Black-Silver 19" 2ms DVI LCD Monitor 270 cd/m2 650:1 - Retail
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 204B-SV Silver-Black 20.1" 5ms DVI LCD Monitor with Height & Pivot Adjustments 300 cd/m2 800:1 - Retail

How big of an LCD are you looking for?

Soon most games if not, all games will support wide-screen in the future. It's better to watch movies on, and it's how we see things naturally, at a wide perspective. But everybody has their like and dislikes.

This is a good non-widescreen LCD:
Newegg.com - ViewSonic X Series VX922 Black-Silver 19" 2ms DVI LCD Monitor 270 cd/m2 650:1 - Retail

Ah thats funny you recommended that, since that was the exact model I was interested in. Unfortunately Costco doesn't sell that model ( plan to buy from costco and return it if it has any dead/stuck pixels, I'm REALLY pick about that, just 1 dead/stuck pixel will drive me crazy for the rest of the monitor lifespan )

u think fps wierd on widescreen. i thought it was alot better. since all the fps ived played recent ones ne way support widescreen res.

u think fps wierd on widescreen. i thought it was alot better. since all the fps ived played recent ones ne way support widescreen res.

Bah maybe you guys are right...I just got so used to the 4:3 ratio :(

...I love my widescreen! :) I watch a lot of movies on it as well though....

but for general window use its quite nice as you can have 2 or 3 documents/windows open side by side and it seems easier to keep everything organized for some reason.

And for gaming it's awesome...there are a few that don't support WS...but not too many as most games will allow custom resolutions. In fact the only ones I can think of off the top of my head are a few EA games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom