DVI or VGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Just wondering with most modern LCD wide screen/and non wide screen monitors do they use DVI or VGA? Is there much of a visual differance?

Theres not that much of a visual difference. I have used both, and it's not really noticeable. But DVI would be the one to use, since it's the newer technology for LCDs.

Most can use both. DVI is more noticeable in higher quality monitors and can support higher resolutions. For professional work(video, photo, 3D...), DVI is the way to go but for an average consumer display it will be barely noticeable.

i have also used both to notice nothing. but i had to go with dvi since gtx has dual dvi no vga. i dun like the sence of using converters feels wierd lol :D

it depends on the cable length an resolution needed.......................... VGA degrades over time whilst DVI doesn't so having a vga monitor on a 10metre long cable going around the room then there will be a poorer quality picture at the end of vga and perfect image quality on the DVI. It is perverse though as most tv's that have a "pc input" it is vga but your more likely to trail a cable further to a tv then plugging it in a monitor where the distance is negligible.

yeah it really has most to do with cable length IMO. For standard cable lengths there's no noticeable difference. I've used both and can tell 0 difference whatsoever.

wait is it true that geforce 8 cards only have dvi ports and no vga? Eh I dont like converters either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom