Overclocking or what CPU settings in BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakeas

Solid State Member
My computer recently crashed and I had to get my motherboard fixed. The computer repair shop said a capictor is about to go as well but It should work for ahwile longer. It seems like every since I have gotten it back that my speeds of running applications, etc has been slow. I have the following components:

256DDR2100-N -- 256MB PC-2100 Double Data Rate (DDR) 184-pin (32x64) RAM – 2 sticks

ABIT NF7-S V2 Socket A (Socket 462) NVIDIA nForce2 SPP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

AMD Mobile Athlon XP-M 2400+ (45W) Barton 1.8GHz Socket A Processor Model AXMH2400FQQ4C - OEM
Item #: N82E16819103400

What should my overclocking settings be in my BIOS? I lost them when they fixed it and the motherboard will not automatically set the speed, that is why I am thinking it is slow... Thanks for the help!

OK - that is what I thought I needed to do but in the meantime what should the BIOS settings be?

secondly - how do I know my MOBO supports PC2700?

so I should get this?

Newegg has the Crucial 1GB 184-Pin DDR 400 (PC 3200) SDRAM Desktop Memory for $58 - $15MIR = $43 w/ free shipping

Yeh go for it m8 !!! that will give you 2GB then do you already have a GIG ? just keep the other memory in ur PC aswell

Since I have 2 sticks of 256 - can I use this new memory in conjuction with that? I have 3 slots of memory space....

does it matter that it is SDRAM?

mixing ram when overclocking (even when not) is generally a bad idea.

Honestly I wouldn't put any more money into that puter....I think it's time for an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom