how do I connect to wireless g with xp sp1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
my wife has a sony viao that has some nice video editing programs on it. however updating to sp2 cause a lot of them to not work properly. after a year or 2 with sp2, I said the **** with it and I went back to sp1 today.

now I can't connect to my wireless n/g network. her computer has a wireles g card. sp1 seem stuck on wireless b and I can't connect. I can't find the original cd and the driver and utility that I got from the website keep pointing me to the windows tools.

I know the cd had a utility that didn't depend on windows. I have a dlink dwl-g510 rev b wireless card. any body have the cd that they can up

also is there a specific update that let me use wireless g in xp sp1?

What router do you have? I don't think you stated it.

Edit : Also, this is a stupid question, but is the wireless card turned on? My Everex notebook has the FN key that allows to disable the card, and I spent days trying to figure it out, I finally realized what I did, and corrected it by turning it back on. It's my first notebook and I never knew that I could do that.

I ended up updating sp2 over sp1 and everything is working fine now (even the old apps that would never work right on a fresh install of sp2). this is the first time that I ever did that successfully. I tried it 3 times before and I always got an error halfway through the install. I use the 300meg sp2 disc those time. I guess windows update slimmed it down. it install a 72meg file after I install all of the sp1 updates.

it was always easier for me to slipstream sp2 unto a xp disc

but sp1 only recognize wireless b. it has no options for g connecting. I have a wireless N dlink dir-625 router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom