So...went with the G.Skill Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true with all products.

I can say for certain that my labtop did not go back to newegg it went to IBM. (lenova)

And I can say for certain that my motherboard and RAM(not the RAM we're talking about though) both went to newegg when I had troubles with them.

And I can say for certain that my motherboard and RAM(not the RAM we're talking about though) both went to newegg when I had troubles with them.

Difference is, you stated
"If you buy from newegg, you RMA back to newegg. RMA stands for return merchandise authorization (number).
"
Which means all Products.

Which is not true, I understand for some products, like your RMA's but when you say something you need to make appropriate considerations.

In the end it is up to him to read the enclosed warranty statement that came with his product and figure it out for himself.

Difference is, you stated
"If you buy from newegg, you RMA back to newegg. RMA stands for return merchandise authorization (number).
"
Which means all Products.

Which is not true, I understand for some products, like your RMA's but when you say something you need to make appropriate considerations.

In the end it is up to him to read the enclosed warranty statement that came with his product and figure it out for himself.

well you also had RMA= Return to manufacturing address which also isn't true :p

But yes, read the warranty information on the site.

Well, for starters, I just bought that same kit less than a month ago and have been using a 1gb stick since Oct. (3gb total now) and they've been running great at 2.2V

I'm thinking that the reason the voltage rating changed wasn't because the sticks kept dying but because the newer models have been made of less quality to be able to offer them for a HUGE discount. A 2gb kit was $300 in Oct...now the prices are 1/3 of that!

I wouldn't suggest you up the voltage past 2.2V just because you don't need to. Maybe later on once you're willing to lose them push them to the limit or something but just be safe for now just in case. Like the other guy said, you should be able to OC these like crazy even without the high voltage and Core 2 Duo chips hardly benefit from low timings anyways.

Don't you void your warranty when you overclock?

I'm pretty sure G.Skill's warrenty would cover that, afterall they pride themselves as the best overclocking RAM. Their "100% Lifetime warrenty" may be limited but it doesn't say it.

Yea G.skill Most likely will cover that and send you a new stick if you fry it because the pride themselves as "The Ultimate OC" and since the HZ's are their pretty much king overclocking ram i don't see why not.

because the newer models have been made of less quality to be able to offer them for a HUGE discount.

No, they are still made of D9GMH, D9GKX or D9GCT, so they are of just as good a quality. If you notice, ALL RAM has suddenly gone cheaper, eveyerone is just selling it at more competitive prices.

hey i couldnt even get my hz's to 900mhz with up do a 2.15voltage! i guess i couldnt send em bak coz nobody assures that o/c will go well. or would this be an exception since as said the ultimate o/c slogan they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom