Question concerning temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakhathsk

Baseband Member
Hey folks, I just bought a Nvidia 8800GTS. I'm curious as to what an acceptable Maximum temperature is for a card like this? I'm not an experienced overclocker by any means yet and I'm trying to learn.

Currently it seems to be running at around 60 degrees celsius. Thanks for any info

The normal temperature for the 8 series on load, is in the 80s. As long as it doesn't hit the 90s, I'd say you're good.

^haha....It might be hot, but GPUs have a higher tolerance for temperatures, compared to CPUs.

it would be a great idea to use some of that artic silver 5 thermal grease stuff on the GPU, in case u decide to OC ur 8800 GTS, that's what im going to do when i get the HD 2900 XTX.

Be careful if you remove the Sink off of your 8800 - as they have the crappy memory pads and if you rip them, you have on awful job to find new ones! The crap that is placed between then is awful so it does need replacing,but just be careful that you dont wreck them so bad you cant put them back on. With my 8800 - I have never seen it go above around 70*C when overclocked to the tops, if you set the fan to 100% you shouldnt see much over 60-65*C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom