I don't know what to do with my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonoz

In Runtime
What used to be a beast of a computer is now in it's not-so-good moments. It's filled with junk, very unorganised, lots of rubbish, popups/spyware/viruses/otheruselessprograms. And a messed up hard drive.

My hard drive is weird in that sometime's it works but other times it doesn't. Once it works it will automatically stop on its own, make a few "clink" "clink" noises and then stop working so if I'm playing a game that runs from the drive it would stop playing and would hang.

I have all these problems I don't know what to do, whether it's the hard drive that's messed up or if there's some other problem?

And I also want to know what steps to take before reformatting/putting new OS in your system.

I will take all the blame for my computer being this way, but I am a very very busy man. I don't have the time I used to when I bought this computer. Thus, negligence has it's consequences and I'm paying for it now.

It's a 64-bit AMD FX51
2x512mb Corsair
ATI 9800xt
1xHDD80GB (primary)
1xHDD200GB (one with the problem)

I don't know what to do, so if someone can help me out,

Thank you very much.
-bonoz

BACKUP NOW!!!, the hard drive is failing and will go soon, dont bother reformatting, get a new drive

BACKUP NOW!!!, the hard drive is failing and will go soon, dont bother reformatting, get a new drive

But he's a very busy man. You think he has the time?
Seriously, follow pete's advice, take some time off and work on your pc.

I already have backed up =)

Just don't know what to do with it. It's a SATA hard drive.

can i have the video card?? lol jk actually i want it still :) but u need an HD replacement ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom