Second Opinion on Custom Gaming Rig (Take II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic;
Cunjo how come you don't sign into retro fusion anymore???

Dude, who are you and how did you find me? >.>

j/k.

I'm working full time and still trying to keep up with my own site... I haven't had the time to be making the runs of the general talk forums that often lately, including my own.

When I have something resembling 'free time' again, I'll be back.

</offtopic>

Still not sure what to do with the Mobo... help me out here. I hear recommendations left and right for lower-priced ones, but no real explaination as to the benefits of any of them. Why should I choose one mobo over another, and what is best suited to my hardware configuration and goals? So far I just know it needs to be OCable, sturdy (that's a heavy heatsink & fan), reliable, and have at least 2 PCI slots, 2 PCIEx16 slots and another PCIE/PCI slot I can use later for physics, at least one PATA and 6-7 SATA with a good RAID controller (1/0/5/0+1/10)...

It's just that a physics card isn't needed im sorry...but if you really truly want one then the only board that fits that description is the 680i with triple PCI-E slots. However you would never see me purchase one.

Right now I would agree with you, but considering next-gen technologies including the rumored nVIDIA PPU), I want to have that option open for later without upgrading my mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom