overclocking an opty 165

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will always regret those cheap purchases.

Which is why you don't buy "Cheap" in the first place. Even if you think you Won't OC at the start.

My Ram wasn't Cheap at the time but it had low clocks and i wasnt planning to O.C but i guess i did

Value RAM Is almost always Cheaper than the overclocking Version/brand of the same RAM.

Even if it was not cheap, value RAM is still not a good idea when you want to overclock.
And Like I said, you don't want to buy cheap even if you don't want to OC at first, because you will later, and opps you already screwed yourself...
You will Probably have to make another purchase to get the most out of an OC.

I made that First mistake in my first build. I didn't want to OC, I didn't think I would, so I bought cheaply, value this and value that. It only came back to bite me when I wanted to OC later. I ended up spending more money then I would have had I just bought Good nonvalue, noncheap components in the first place.

I don't know why he didn't tell us his voltage settings by now.

Unless Im blind (which is completly Possible) I didn't see any voltage information given in this thread. It would help so much...

I'm at 1.3v core (stock) voltage. sorry i thought you guys new that. I lowered the ram to 200mhz and just pushed the fsb up to 225.

btw my temp never gets above 47C under load. I was playing stalker and i never got above that so i think cooling is ok.

yeah to push past 225 you will likely have to start increasing the voltage to the cpu in small increments.
what are your ram voltages before ste esplodessssss...

I'm at 1.3v core (stock) voltage. sorry i thought you guys new that. I lowered the ram to 200mhz and just pushed the fsb up to 225.

btw my temp never gets above 47C under load. I was playing stalker and i never got above that so i think cooling is ok.

And the other voltages?

You do know that you cannot get a max OC without adjusting voltages? Right!?

yes i do, and i have cheap ram. i dont want a max oc cause i dont have the parts for it. i stated that earlier. i want to know how much farther i can get. without changing volts. i have crucial value ram i doubt it will change volts very well.

anyways any estimates here? or is 2.0 the highest i can do without adjusting voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom