PCI IRQ Routing Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpy

Baseband Member
Problem started on monday when I was trying to use this new dvd recorder to record things from tv onto a dvd. It didn't seem to be recording so I put the dvd into my computer to try to play it. When I went to play it, my rom drive had disappeared from my computer and I couldn't open or close the drive.

My friend told me to try switching two things between the hard drive and the cd drive. I don't know a lot about this stuff so I don't know the name of it, but it had 4 wires coming from the power supply going into a white rectangle socket that plugged into the cd-rom. The other one looked just like it, but went into my hard drive. I attached a picture to clarify. I circled the parts I switched in green.

I turned off my computer and switched the two, turned my computer on, and the cd-rom worked again. I turned off my computer and switched them back so I could start windows. When I started booting, on the first load screen it showed a message: "PCI IRQ routing table error [02:1F:00]".

When windows loaded, the cd-rom worked fine, but I couldn't connect to the internet for some reason. There was also a bubble that kept saying windows found new hardware, an ieee 1394 controller host or something. I tried using my motherboard cd to reinstall drivers, but it didn't help. I tried rebooting, but now it stops at the first load screen and won't go past it. Help pleeease

Attachments

• P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,376
theres no point in posting an image if nobody can see it properly...

Thanks for being so helpful... Try this one

The circled green ones are the original ones i switched then switched back. I just switched the top green circled one with the pink circled one and I managed to get windows to load (pci irq routing table error message still showed on loadup). Internet still doesn't work though.

first off, the computer has too much dust, effectively making the heatsink useless
next, i would like to know how the drives are connected to the motherboard
then, are the jumpers correct?

first off, the computer has too much dust, effectively making the heatsink useless
next, i would like to know how the drives are connected to the motherboard
then, are the jumpers correct?

I don't really know much about this, so I don't know how to answer that. How can I tell?

the ribbon cable is connneted to the big board and the "drive". its flat and 3 inches wide. how are these connected?

The ribbon for the rom drive is connected to the rom drive by a black rectangular plug going directly into the rom drive and connected to the motherboard by the same type of plug going into a black socket.

The ribbon for the hard drive has a black plug going into the hard drive and a black plug going into a blue socket just to the left of the black socket used by the rom drive's ribbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom