AMD X2 5600+ v Intel E6300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ù’Currently E6420 cost $180 only and it perform on par with 5600+

But we should not forget that E6420 cosume less power and more overclockable

Better CPU's to compare though are Athlon 64 x2 3600+ with the Pentium E E2140 or E2160. funny though they disable a whole core's chip of L2 cache so only 1mb.

pentium e2140 benchmark

Pentium E2140 performs slightly better than 3600+

However, if you overclock E2140 to 3GHz and 3600+ to 3GHz, E2140 would easily beat 3600+, because Intel performs better at the same clock speed

i personally will never buy intel i dont know why completly i just like amd better

Yeah stay away from Intel people. I bought an Intel once and it had to be slower then macs. It was a p4 2.8Ghz but i've seen p2 processors do better with no overclocking. I couldn't play CS:S on low settings cause the cpu lagged.

I don't have any complaints for the amd's i have cause they own of course.
I don't notice any difference from ddr and ddr2 though.

Oh and xfx geforce 6800 xtreme and EVGA geforce 7600gt are basically the same but the 7600gt is a tad better with the graphics. Not very noticeable.

Indeed

But its more logical to Buy whatever is better at that particular moment in time. Rather than only buy from one brand...

Then again opinions don't have the prerequisite of being logical...

yea but i only buy amd because it is almost always cheaper than intel and i dont need the best processor i need a fast reliable one and in my experience amd is more reliable.

HAHAHAHA its the world's biggest amd fanboy, haven't seen u up here in a while....

heh heh heh wootedy woot woot.
amd = my best friend.
been workin lots...keepin my shoulder to the grindstone...sails in the wind...back to the salt-mines...plus it's summer i live in south texas and i wakeboard every day, or as close to every day as possible...
also....i "heard" lol that the e2140 is "guaranteed" (meh heh) 100% overclocker if you have a mobo that will do 400fsb. that rips, if true...3.2 ghz, now they just need to lower the price at or below x2 3600 prices and i (thats right, i said it...) may even suggest one for a budget build. tho, i'd probably never buy one for myself or anyone i knew...unless kuma is a horrible, like horrible as in... "i cant believe i bought this piece of s**t!!", failure. if that happens, we'll talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom