a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nenn

Baseband Member
alright i have two home made boxes both of which have all the same components now i got one up and running with a few bugs in them but hey what ya gonna do, but the problem is that on the second one i left it, aparently my brother tried to get it up and working but lost the video(which is onboard). now my pc (pc #3) had this problem last night which was remedied by taking out the proc and popping it back in, so i assumed it would fix the other pc (#2) which it didnt, i have no idea what the problem could be and no it not a stupid jumper setting.

if you are intrested in the part models they are

MOBO: Gigabyte 7VM400M-RZ
PROC: AMD Athlon XP 2000+
RAM : 256mb ddr
LAN/VIDEO/SOUND: Onboard

What do you mean by 'lost the video'? Is there any picture on the screen? Or is it just very bad quality picture?

the monintor doesnt even turn on, it stays amber, and the hdd light stays on while the power light flickers, which didnt happen before, sorry i left it out i was tired last night

Alright.

The flashing light means that it is either not detecting a video card, or not detecting an adapter plugged into the video card. Im thinking maybe your onboard video is faulty, seeing as your monitor works fine on these other computers. My computer has done this to me a couple of times and all it takes is a couple of resets and a jiggle of the monitor adapter. Sounds like a hardware problem though.

Well a shot in the dark if he changed somthing try resetting CMOS
Check your cable connections .

reseat the memory, and dont just reseat the processor but check the pins. Also remove any addin cards. Clear NVRAM like above just so you can say its been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom