Media Library (I Presume) Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadegas

Beta member
Hey all.

Whenever I get a problem these are the forums where I search the way to solve it, however, I got an problem which I can't find the solution anywhere and decided to, finally, make a registration.

Yesterday, I got a system crash while browsing the Web with Windows Media Player open, and I had to turn my computer off pressing the power button.

I think the problem started here, almost sure.

When I turned the computer back on, started Windows Media Player and bang, crash crash (those crashes where you have to force the computer to shut down). Tried to start Media Player 2 more times, without success.

This morning, I started Windows Media Center, and went to the Media Library option... What did happen? Crash. :eek:

I started to think that it was a Media Library problem, and not a Windows Media Player problem, as I first thought.

Spent the whole morning searching the web for a solution, and the only thing I've found was a way to manually delete the library if it is corrupt... Well, didn't work. The crash continues to happen.

I've found that if I double-click some media file, it opens correctly with WMP, but, if I go to Media Library tab, whoa, crash. :(

Hope someone can help me solve this problem, I'd be grateful.

Computer Details:

- Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 (2.13GHz)
- 2GB RAM
- nVidia GeForce 7900GS (256mb)
- 2x500GB Hard Drives SATA II
- Running Windows Vista Ultimate

Please tell me if further details are needed.

possible solutions:

driver updates, windows updates, spyware check, virus check, back up all data and reinstall windows, run hdd corruption tests, reinstall windows media player

I don't know the exact solution but try all of the above and the problem should eventually be fixed :D btw obviously reinstalling windows should be your last option

I've tried them all, except re-installing windows media player (and PC formatting, of course) because I think it's not a WMP problem.

Anyway, I'll give it a shot when I arrive home and I'll tell my results.

Thanks Saltynay. Appreciated :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom