Confusion With a Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

khan008

In Runtime
I was looking at the oveclockers website, looking for a 30" monitor, i saw a couple and obviously people favoured the dell, but then i came accross this weird review about this samsung 30" monitor and it said something like 'i use to use my 40" hdtv 1080p monitor but now that i am using this new monitor the image is clearer'. So i thought, thats wierd shouldnt a hdtv produce clearer picture than a 30" monitor or is there something im missing?

It would be helpfull if someone could give me the Pros and cons of each time of monitor.

Thanks alot, and a quick reply would be great i need a monitor =(

I was looking at the oveclockers website, looking for a 30" monitor, i saw a couple and obviously people favoured the dell, but then i came accross this weird review about this samsung 30" monitor and it said something like 'i use to use my 40" hdtv 1080p monitor but now that i am using this new monitor the image is clearer'. So i thought, thats wierd shouldnt a hdtv produce clearer picture than a 30" monitor or is there something im missing?

It would be helpfull if someone could give me the Pros and cons of each time of monitor.

Thanks alot, and a quick reply would be great i need a monitor =(

No, your HDTV Monitor only has a resolution of 1080p meaning its true resolution is...

1698 pixels horizontal and 1080 pixels vertical.

With a 30 inch screen its resolution is usually 2560 horizontal and 1600 vertical thus producing a much clearer and sharper image with no blurs.

IMO its this: take a screen resolution of 1280x1024 for instance, and put that on a 40' screen, then put it on a 20' screen, even though the they are both the same resolution, by packing that very same resolution on a smaller screen, you get a sharper image.

if ur thinking bout the dell. ive got the 22" entry level screen (not the ultra sharp) and its great. very sharp actually considering 22"s have sam res as 20"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom