Check out what just got deliered to my school :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's awesome. Now, that's what more schools should do. Not only is it an incredible learning experience for it's students, but it will certainly save money for the school and the board of education.

Kudo's to your school and it's administration. That's impressively risky but worth it.

$877.19 per PC based on 57 PC's / $50,000 cost. including monitors and OS's? wow...

Dell can't beat that....

Wow - that isn't bad, we are expected to run Delphi and various others on Celeron 1.7s with 256MB RAM - takes 10 minutes to load windows with the amount of bloat on them! Wish more schools would take to getting faster machines!

our school did that once but they forgot to lock em up properly and, the next day some people came at night and took all the ram,gfx,cpu,and sound cards:(,

our school did that once but they forgot to lock em up properly and, the next day some people came at nnight and took all the ram,gfx,cpu,and sound cards:(,

lol, in our school we had new projectors fitted in, and then over night 50 of them were stolen hahaa!

First of all I just want to lol at khan008 calling this a waste of money...pretty hypocritical there buddy.

Anyway, this is pretty neat. You probably didn't need the conroes, but they will obviously last for awhile, so I guess it was a good choice in the long run. At my college every computer is a Pentium D, which is obviously fast enough when the most people do is run word on them. We also have a lab of 30 computers which all have 24" monitors....I dont know why because it's nowhere near the main design building, but they are nice monitors :)

Wow, our school could definately use those computers. In our drafting lab we run P4's and x700le's to run autocad 2007 and autodesk inventor. And my drafting teacher told me they were good computers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom