How do I know if I've fried the crap out of my GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack

Baseband Member
Yo,

So last night, pretty much all day I had my ATIX300 Mobility Radeon overclocked by 10%...so from 297Mhz to 326Mhz for the core speed. I set it back down to normal before shutting down my computer. Now, whenever I boot my clock speed is set to 100Mhz, and if I set it any higher than 297 I start getting artifacts, this never happened before. Also, for some reason, the bottom of my LCD screen is extremely warm...warmer than the bottom or top of the actual computer where the GPU is, which is weird.

I'm pretty sure I haven't damaged my GPU because the actual computer parts (not the monitor) have not gotten that warm. They've been much warmer before while not being overclocked. So, basically, I want to know how to figure out if I've fried my GPU.

Thanks,
- Flappy

So, is the fact that I'm getting artifacts a sign that's it going? Also, why on earth does the bottom of my LCD get so hot?? It's literally the hottest to the touch place on the computer!

Cleaning out the PC? You mean uninstalling software? Or literally opening the case and cleaning it? The thing is, before today I didn't get artifacts while overclocking my card by 10%, why now?

So, is the fact that I'm getting artifacts a sign that's it going? Also, why on earth does the bottom of my LCD get so hot?? It's literally the hottest to the touch place on the computer!

that is normal for laptops. it is where the inverters are for the backlights.

Also you shouldn't overclock an integrated graphics chip in a laptop. You won't get much out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom