Building today, What to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you really need some case fans. At least get two 120mm fans (make sure the case supports 120mm fans). One in the front (intake) and one in the rear (exhaust).

When overclocking the FSB, the chipset will get very hot if you don't have sufficient airflow.

Yes, you really need some case fans. At least get two 120mm fans (make sure the case supports 120mm fans). One in the front (intake) and one in the rear (exhaust).

When overclocking the FSB, the chipset will get very hot if you don't have sufficient airflow.

My case has the spots setup for two fans (intake and exhaust) but not sure what size they are.. My plan is to go to the local computer shop today and guesstimate the sizes... I know they are not 120mm though...

Do those slot coolers work well... I was thinking if I used one next to my vid card it would possibly help draw some heat from that as well???

A slot cooler is not really neccesary.

You can look in the manual of your case to check the fan sizes that will fit.

A slot cooler is not really neccesary.

You can look in the manual of your case to check the fan sizes that will fit.

Don't have the manual.. This is an old atx case that I stripped and repainted... It's huge inside with plenty of room for everything... It will probably take a couple of trips to get it right but I'll get them...

So no merit to the slot cooler for the vid card? What other ways can I cool that card? It already has a huge heatsink and fan attached to it...

You don't need to cool it more.. 8800's always run around 80c load and they can take the abuse. Just put in your case fans and you'll be fine.

It looks quality man, im currently getting 80fps on oblivon maxed, the lowest it ever reaches is about 65 -70 lolol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom