Building today, What to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
y didnt u go for a e6600 cpu?

Long story short, didn't do the proper research before ordering.... Back in the day AMD was the best for gaming and I just assumed that it was still the case. Live and learn...

Oh well, gives me reason to look at upgrading in the future..

I've only been able to use a Compaq N800c laptop P4 2.0ghz, 512mb ram, ATI 7500 mobility series video card to game with. Playing any game at medium settings will be a treat...

Well I've got it built now... All looks good so far...

One strange thing that I noticed was my wireless mouse had a lag when clicking on things. Not every time but it seemed to be most of the time. I thought it may be a heating issue so I opend the case to let it cool, nothing.... I replaced the batteries, nothing...

I swaped to a logitech usb optical mouse and it was fine... So that's what I'm using now... Never had that problem before. Has anyone else?

Also, what are normal non-OC'd temps? I don't have any other fans in my case yet besides the PSU, CPU, and GPU. I'm going to get some regardless but just want to know what to watch for if it gets to hot...

Just played CS:S and I was getting 120+ fps on average with settings maxed... Very happy with my build...

Here are some pics of my build...
DSC01367-1.jpg

DSC01366.jpg

DSC01368.jpg

Well I've got it built now... All looks good so far...

One strange thing that I noticed was my wireless mouse had a lag when clicking on things. Not every time but it seemed to be most of the time. I thought it may be a heating issue so I opend the case to let it cool, nothing.... I replaced the batteries, nothing...

I swaped to a logitech usb optical mouse and it was fine... So that's what I'm using now... Never had that problem before. Has anyone else?

Also, what are normal non-OC'd temps? I don't have any other fans in my case yet besides the PSU, CPU, and GPU. I'm going to get some regardless but just want to know what to watch for if it gets to hot...

Just played CS:S and I was getting 120+ fps on average with settings maxed... Very happy with my build...

If a regular USB mouse works fine, then it must be the wireless mouse that's having problems.

Normal non clocked temps are 30-40 on idle and 50-55 on load. Just try to keep it under 60C, through overclocking.

lol....of course you'll get 100+fps on CSS. It's not a demanding game. But a very cool build, none the less.

Normal non clocked temps are 30-40 on idle and 50-55 on load. Just try to keep it under 60C, through overclocking.

I'm using the nvidia monitor for temps. So right now cpu - 31C, system - 40C, gpu - 55C. This is in idle as I just turned it on... Should I be concerned that the gpu is already that high? After playing last night for awhile the gpu was at 72C...

I'm using the nvidia monitor for temps. So right now cpu - 31C, system - 40C, gpu - 55C. This is in idle as I just turned it on... Should I be concerned that the gpu is already that high? After playing last night for awhile the gpu was at 72C...

Those are great temperatures. 55 is not high for a GPU, on idle. The 8 series cards can run into the high 80s on load, and that's normal.

Those are great temperatures. 55 is not high for a GPU, on idle. The 8 series cards can run into the high 80s on load, and that's normal.

That was just after I turned it on... Things are warming up a bit as all temps have gone up about 10C... I still have to get some case fans put in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom