Is the 8800GTX worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint71

In Runtime
I need to buy a video card for my gaming build and am wondering if the 8800GTX is worth the cash.

nah, i don't think so... its a 1st gen dx 10 card... with all the new games coming out it may not be able to handle it... but i think this applies for to gts 320 mb and under, if u have the money go for it, thats my advice :)

It all depends really. The simple answer is Yes since price/performance in video cards goes away at the top end cards however you have to take in account what resolution you want to be playing at, what types of games, how long do you expect this card to last.

It has already been almost proven that the 8800 series cards will have a hard time themselves handling DX10 titles. personally I would purchase an 8800GTS right now and upgrade to the 9 series cards when they come out, those will be the true DX10 cards.

It all depends really. The simple answer is Yes however you have to take in account what resoltion you want to be playing at, what types of games, how long do you expect this card to last.

It has already been almost proven that the 8800 series cards will have a hard time themselves handling DX10 titles.

that let alone the entire 8 series (if there are no Geforce 8900) but those still may not be enough.... we'll see what happens..... i wait til like a month b4 q4 this year... then get a eVGA geforce card.. upgrade with step-up and pay the difference....

that let alone the entire 8 series (if there are no Geforce 8900) but those still may not be enough.... we'll see what happens..... i wait til like a month b4 q4 this year... then get a eVGA geforce card.. upgrade with step-up and pay the difference....

I might consider that too, but just wondering if by any chance I bought the GTX one month before the G92 (9800GTX) comes out and I paid $556 and when the G92 is released is put in that exact same price and the 8800GTX is dropping will I be able to get the 9800GTX just by exchanging the 8800GTX that I just bought the month before with the Step up program without paying anything at all?!?

Step up is a rip off.

btw... excellent quote. Extremely relevant in a conversation I am having right now, in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom