PCI-E power

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazieaznboi

Daemon Poster
hey. i have a forsa 7300GT and it has a power connector on it but i don't have to plug it in.. and the computer still boots. should i just connect it anyyways?

Woah the 7300GT has a power connector??? The 7600GT doesn't even have one.

YES ALWAYS connect the PCI-E power cable becuase it can boot up without it but once it starts being used under heavy load it will shut down. I forgot to reconnect that to my 7900GS one of the first few days and the Nvidia control panel came up saying my card wasn't getting enough power. I was scared that my PSU was giving out already becuase it was a 450w Rosewill but I just forgot to hook the connector back up.

EDIT: I just looked at specs and no 7300GT I see has a PCI-E power connector on the card. Are you sure you have a 7300GT?

If the 7600GT doesn't require one, I don't see why a weaker card needs to have one. Are you sure that theres a 6-pin power connector on there? Maybe you're confusing it with the fan connector.

hmmmm.... let me count the pins on my video card to make sure its a 6pin... lol i just saw that is has a some sort of connector.

EDIT: ok... i just counted the pins on the video card and its way more than 6... lol
Geniman International Ltd.

it comes with a 6pin power cable... lol

The PCIe power connector looks like this:
pcie_conn.jpg

awwwww. ok.. this is kinda stupid but forsa gives a 6pin cable and no power connector on the card? i cant find the power connector anywhere on my card... aahaha.

Because the 7300GT doesn't have or need a PCIe power connector. It's not a power hungry card.

So is this what you are talking about?:
14-122-008-11.jpg

That little 2-pin power connector, on the bottom left hand corner? If so, then this should be plugged, because that powers the graphic card's fan.

ooo no. not that 2 pin. thats for the fan. i found out this video card doesn't have one... lol

i was going to sell my 7300gt for a 6800GT so i was checking if i had all the packaging for the 7300GT. AND oddly i found a brand new 6pin power cable so i asked TF about it.

Oh....but that's so weird, how they package in a PCIe cable, if the 7300GT doesn't have a PCIe connector. I was looking at other brands, and they don't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom