Got my parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am a noob too, so how do u check for stability?

To check for stability, you use stress test programs, to stress your CPU's overclock. The popular programs are prime95 and Orthos. Theres also others like StressCPU2. And you run them for 8-24hrs. The longer you run it, the better it is to find out if your system's overclock is really stable.

Does anyone use NTune to overclock? i was looking through it and it seems to have a stress tester as well as the ability to change your FSB freq, which in turns shows you how much the CPU freq and the RAM freq increase also...this seems easier then messing with BIOS.

It seems easier, but overclocking in the BIOS is the only way to get a real true stable overclock. If you have a question about the BIOS, just ask us.

I tried NTune, it never turned out so well. Because if you overclock too high, it will crash the system then you have to start up windows all over again to change the settings again. With the BIOS, you just reboot and it takes like 5 secs.

aahh, so ill stick to the BIOS...

lol, i used 3dmark06 and got a 95XX score, during one of the tests i got a 0 and a .75 FPS score or something

Was that test the one in the desert with all of the drones roaming around? If so, thats the CPU test and its supposed to be low. I get 1 or 2 FPS on that one. I don't know how it works though, someone else can explain that for ya.

I think the CPU test, lets the CPU do all the work, without the help of the graphic card. That's why it's slow and jaggity.

yea it looked like a desert with drones in the background moving...that made me really want to overclock, but i gotta do some more reading and researching before i actually push it to 3.0GHz, i'd be happy with this computer at that freq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom