AMD X2 5600+ v Intel E6300

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmatt

The Bulldog
Legit Reviews - $185 Gaming CPU's: AMD 5600+ Versus Intel E6300 - AMD Versus Intel at the $185 Price Point

interesting. What I gathered from this was yes the core2 is a very powerful chip, but the AMD price cuts did what they have done historically, put more power in your hands for less. They are both meaty chips and the performance difference wasn't by huge amounts, the AMD chip didn't pwn the Intel by any means. And for AMD to really get back on top they need to get Barcelona and its buddies out and fast.

it used to be the e6400 vs. 5200+ but then even that out now. Of course the C2D has alot of head room to overclock.

Better CPU's to compare though are Athlon 64 x2 3600+ with the Pentium E E2140 or E2160. funny though they disable a whole core's chip of L2 cache so only 1mb.

it used to be the e6400 vs. 5200+ but then even that out now. Of course the C2D has alot of head room to overclock.

Better CPU's to compare though are Athlon 64 x2 3600+ with the Pentium E E2140 or E2160. funny though they disable a whole core's chip of L2 cache so only 1mb.

i would also make that comparison, did they come out yet? talking about the e2140 and 2160... but we'll see how much they overclock :)

If you look on wiki, historically AMD has always had an edge because they could sell chips at intel performance at or below the cost of intel chips. To me it looks like they are going back to that plan. Im not complaining that just means we as consumers in the end win cause we get more power for $$$.

gotta love that competition... i mean on the post-22nd of next month most of us will be getting quad-cores for less than 300$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom