I cant my E6320 past 2.94

Status
Not open for further replies.
-1 @ software Overclocking. (Please for the love of any god, don't make me explain!!)

Again, I got a bad one..

I think you will find that its not completly stable unless you play with all the voltages.. (Complete stability is indefinite stability doing anything while SMP Folding is running or just SMP FOlding alone)

-1 @ software Overclocking. (Please for the love of any god, don't make me explain!!)

Software overclocking is THE WAY TO GO for benchmarking. Just go into the bios, set the CPU at 1.5v, and then clock it up in windows, superpi-ing as you go.

Takes alot less time, and you can bench stuff that won't necessarily POST.

Obviously my 24/7 OC is set in the BIOS, but for non-24/benching, software ;)

Running orthos right now with the temps never over 56c ( although only runing for 10 min)

i will run it for 2 hours while playin HALO 3 beta :)

SMP Folding is a better test of stabilty.

And its useful to society also.

You can use orthos for a short test then switch to SMP Folding.

^You are correct. It's also known as "first person shooter", when talking about games. Although I'm not sure why, it says FPS 420 in first post.

CPU temps are fine. Mine is 30-35 idle, and 53-56 under heavy load (3x Prime95). E6300 @ 2.86GHz. Scythe Infinity.

Run three instances of Prime95 and you won't be able to play a game smoothly, at least not on my system.

Playing games while stress testing is probably not the best of plans, as the gae will take CPU time from the stress testing program. 56C is fine to load at, my CPU loads at about 60C on each core and it is at that 24/7. It hits 75C on each core if I run TAT for ~30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom