x1950XT vs 8800 gts 320

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as there are no true DX10 games on the horizon and it will be quite some time coming before that is a standard, the x1950xt is really the best card for your money, especially if you are on a budget for your rig. I pretty much eats up anything DX9 can throw at it and will likely serve you well for a while to come. I am personally looking at upgrading to a x1950xt from my x1800xt this summer and am more than willing to wait for the next round of DX10 card that will (hopefully) have better drivers and by that point have games to make the purchase worth my hard earned cash.

.....i disagree...if anyone is buying a 320mb 8800GTS for dx10 purposes then they are making the wrong decision IMO.

It pretty much blows the x1950xt out of the water in all dx9 games...and it's not that much more expensive...about 60 dollars...some people just don't have that extra money....but if they do then it's money well spent.

Actaully it is close to a $90 price tag difference, and for many people, $90 can be a lot of money.

oh...i just glanced on newegg and must have missed a cheaper x1950xt....

anyway yeah that was kind of my point...that if the money can be spent then it's well spent...but some people just don't have the money or are happy running games at lower IQ settings. (well not low, but lower than an 8800GTS can do ;) )

If nVidias could Fold, I might consider one. Since they can't, I'll be buying a X1950XT next week.

In The End I don't care what anybody says but if you are talking about which card is the best price/performance then the X1950XT wins just becuase of its awesome value. Buck for buck frame for frame if you do not care about DX10 the X1950XT wins. However this is not to say that if you CAN spend the money or if you DO spend the money that I'm saying the 8800GTS was a bad deal or idea. The 8800GTS 320 can reach frames on some things that the X1950XT can't such as 60+ FPS with Max Settings in some games at 1600x1200. Also though HOWEVER, the 100 buck price difference can be a lot for people and not everyone plays at those types of res really.

I myself only play at 1440x900 and an X1950XT overclocked is plenty fast enough to hold me over until the G92 which is what I really want. Also rule out the DX10 factor becuase just as the 8800 have DX10, the X1950XT can fold and thats all some people care about.

If you HAVE the money and are willing to spend the money for an 8800GTS then by all means go ahead becuase it is one **** of a card. However if you do NOT have that kind of money, don't want to spend the extra 100 bucks for 15% performance, or do not NEED that kind of performance at this moment then the X1950XT actually is a better value.

The End

you guys are making me feel bad for getting the 640MB

haha don't feel bad becuase this discussion does not include the 640 version. The 640 version will soon start to leap more and more ahead over the 320 becuase memory will start to matter more. It's a more future proof card really and theres nothing wrong with having one. I just prefer the 320 right now becuase I like to live in the moment and it is a better value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom