Leave running or turn off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dells generally have adequate cooling to keep the CPU stable under load. (remember the CPUs will always be at stock unless you have some models of XPS) My Dell Dimension P4 3GHZ runs at 100% load 24/7 and has no instablility problems, as does my C2D.

Does this only apply to the newer or recent Dells? My friend has a Dell from I think, 3 years ago. And whatever program I installed to monitor it's temps, it doesn't show. Whether it be Everest, Core Temp (found out they don't support P4s), and Speedfan.

Does this only apply to the newer or recent Dells? My friend has a Dell from I think, 3 years ago. And whatever program I installed to monitor it's temps, it doesn't show. Whether it be Everest, Core Temp (found out they don't support P4s), and Speedfan.

No, I don't get temps either. The new dells allow you to read DTS values from C2Ds though, as shown in his screenshot.

****, what are you running to get 100% all the time?

Dell's were previously terrible for cooling. Last time I know about them being overheated would be around 2005-6 so I am not sure, they may have advanced in their technology. :)

****, what are you running to get 100% all the time?

Dell's were previously terrible for cooling. Last time I know about them being overheated would be around 2005-6 so I am not sure, they may have advanced in their technology. :)

Possibly folding@home.. my E6600 has been running at 100% seince I bought it.

useoy4.jpg

That is what Task Manager is SUPPOSED to look like ;)

I also heard that hard drives run better when they're warm. So leaving it on 24/7 is no problem, if the electricity bill is not a problem.

Electricity bill is not a problem so I will bill leaving it up 24/7 from now on and possibly participating in Folding@home or some such. Should I also just leave the hard disk spinning, like not make it spin down after 20 mins??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom