Painting a computer case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I scratched my raidmax ninja case up a little bit. I just went to my local store and got a small can of black paint to fix that up but got too much paint on the case. Its all on the top of the case so i got the extra paint and moved it around the top of the case.

The problem is the paint dried and theres some lines going through where the brush left marks and the paint is sticky. I was wondering if 1000 grit sand paper would fix that?

Also if I use 1000 Grit paper do i have to start out with like 240 and work my way up or just use the 1000 grit paper?

Paint thinner or the soft sand paper you mentioned will do

You can use the 240 grid paper to speed up the process but if you go too far you'll scratch the main paint job. Id just sand with the 1000 grid to blend the colours in

You do not use a brush on metal, period. You spray metal if you want decent results.

Trotter: I hate spray paint and i am not old enough to buy spray paint cause too many people sniff that stuff.

I went to the local store and the best they have is 400 grit waterproof. When i got to the store i thought the police where after me cause I ran a stop sign and almost got hit. Then when i was walking to the entrance an older man was on the ground with all these older women around him waiting for the ambulance. So the sirens was just an ambulance. I got lucky it wasn't a cop car.

Will 400 grit sand paper work?

|

The finer the grain of sandpaper, the better. You are only wanting to sand out the brush strokes. If you can't get any finer sandpaper, sand carefully without much pressure. Use round strokes, like waxing a car. Blow/rinse often and use your fingertips to judge the surface.

De nada. My dad has been a painter all his life... I picked up a thing or two.

When I said spray paint, I didn't mean a can. I meant using a spray gun and compressor so you get a smooth , flat cone, not a ring like from a spray can. Canned spray paint is just a mess.

if you can find emory cloth that will work as well.. I also have heard of someone putting duct tape over a paint line, then heating it with a heat gun,,, the paint heated up enough to pull the tape off... then he just lightly sanded and painted over it... btu I think that's going a little too far... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom