Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme Hand (lapped)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnd187

Banned
The Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme is the ultimate air cooling CPU cooler. Based on the phenomenal success of the original Ultra 120 CPU cooler, Thermalright has upped the heatpipe count to 6 and the cooling has improved significantly. Thermalright has gone the extra mile to include both LGA775 and AMD bolt-thru retention brackets for a rock solid secure mount. The Ultra-120 eXtreme can provide stable overclocks that few others can match.

svcompucycle19531107463gh4.jpg

has anyone bought this cooler? and would it be better f i sanded it myself or is there a huge risk if i don't do it right? Also is this worth the extra green?

There is no risk if you don't lap a cooler really from Stock. Lapping it will be very simple and will lower the temps. The Thermalright 120 extreme cools about 3-5 degrees better than a Tuniq 120 which is quite anice little boost however you need to buy a fan yourself for the Thermalright which are 15-20 bucks so the question is do you need 3-5 temps more for 20 bucks? You decide.

I wouldn't say that it is worth the money over a TT120. The other thing is alot of people have been having problems with the mounting system being too loose, and are putting bits of card etc in the mounting system.

If you are an extreme overclocker and only like air then that cooler is worth the money. Otherwise I say the TT 120 is a better deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom