x1950XT vs 8800 gts 320

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully I will join you guys in the X1950XT club, this summer. I've been having my eye on this one, for a while too. If I want DX10, I'll get the G92.

They're both very good bang for your buck cards. It's just a matter of how much money you have to spend.

That's what I have decided to do as well B1gapl. Im going to get an X1950XT right now becuase it is the better bang for buck and it will only cost me 70 bucks or so to upgrade from my 7900GS. I will then later purchase a G92 card becuase I don't fully believe an 88GTS 320 will handle the latest and greatest DX10 games. Just look at the 7800GT...when it came out it was a sick card for the money and owned games, 3 months later games like Oblivion and CoH came out and owned it heh.

why don't u wait and not get an x1950xt then? settle with ur current card so u have more money........

The 7900GS is in no way a "slow" card but the X1950XT will only be 65 bucks or so more and is a good bit faster. I get ok FPS but I want better soon and don't want to wait. Like I said The X1950XT will be plenty enough to hold me over until the G92 comes out which I want over the G80 anyway.

The 7900GS is in no way a "slow" card but the X1950XT will only be 65 bucks or so more and is a good bit faster. I get ok FPS but I want better soon and don't want to wait. Like I said The X1950XT will be plenty enough to hold me over until the G92 comes out which I want over the G80 anyway.

not worth the upgrade. Just save untill you get a DX10 card.

$65 for 25% performance increase? Sounds like it's worth it to me. The 8800GTS 320 would be more like 40% increase in performance for $160.

Since If you do not care about DX10 right now in the LEAST The X1950Xt looking at the math is the better upgrade would you not say?

Seeing as there are no true DX10 games on the horizon and it will be quite some time coming before that is a standard, the x1950xt is really the best card for your money, especially if you are on a budget for your rig. I pretty much eats up anything DX9 can throw at it and will likely serve you well for a while to come. I am personally looking at upgrading to a x1950xt from my x1800xt this summer and am more than willing to wait for the next round of DX10 card that will (hopefully) have better drivers and by that point have games to make the purchase worth my hard earned cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom