Need Input Guys on what I should do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora

Renowned Budgeting Master
Ok so as most of you here know I have started and planned a complete upgrade and overhaul on my rig. You can see what I want or plan to do in my sig. Now I have recently ordered an Open Box P5N-E and once or if I can get the board to work and overclock to where I want it I have an offer of 70 bucks shipped for my current board. After purchasing this board I will then be looking to spend 30-35 bucks on SVC on some things such as cables, lights, screws, ect to make my rig look sweet.

I have that much allready and then once I get about 60 from my Board I originally was going to buy a Recert WD 250Gb SATA 3.0 drive off zipzoomfly for 60 bucks and RAID 0 my rig becuase I have about 80GB left anyway and the performance increase will be nice as will another 250 gigs.

HOWEVER I am not sure if I really do want to use that money on RAID since it's not really needed and doesn't increase game FPS, but still is very nice.

I guess I'm saying I will have 60 bucks to spend here in a few days and what do you think I should get? The only two things I can think of is an upgrade to the video card or another drive to RAID 0. I could sell my 7900GS for 130 shipped or so probably on another site and use that money to buy an X1950XT however I did not plan on getting this much stuff already for my rig. My Aunt bought be the board and it was a trade for the PSU. I figured I would end up spending 150 bucks here in the next month or so and then would have enough to get an X1950Xt later.

Like I said since I have upgraded so much so fast I am now considering svaing for an 8800GTS 320 since I figured I wouldn't have 150 bucks to blow after buying the other stuff but now I'm not so sure. What would you guys do in my situation? I still probably will buy the HDD and RAID them but im still not so sure.

Thanks heh

good plan... i say consider the 8800 gts 320 MB if u still have the cash... plus if u get the sapphire x1950xt, u can oc it to xtx speeds, if u upgrade go for an 8800 gts if u want dx 10!!! RAID0is a good idea... more speed and another 330 GB to blow on ur system,
P5N-E is terrific, can get ur e6300 to 3.3 ghz+

lol....you've wanted that X1950XT so bad.

Well you can sell your board, get the hard drive and RAID. And then save up for the 8800GTS. If you feel like waiting.

its really ur preference, if u want dx 10 go for gts 320 if u really don't give a dam go for the sapphire x1950xt overclock to xtx speeds and get ur beloved card... since they perform about the same.. its about whether u want dx 10 or not...

I know I have wanted the X1950XT so bad and I am still considering getting once just becuase I don't think that an 8800GTS 320 will last very long in DX10 and yes the X1950Xt ovrclocked is very close to the stock of that.

I want RAID 0 becuase I need more space kind of (don't need but would like) and I will have the cash.

I think I'm going to go RAID 0 now becuase I have to reformat my disk for a new mobo anyway. Problem is if I don't want to have to reformat twice I have to wait a week before I could install my new mobo and RAID at the same time, this is another thing that makes me just want to take the 60 bucks for an X1950XT and be done with it. Gosh I don't start work till the 18th and at that time I will have money for so much crap. However I have cash now so hrrm

Dammit I hate waiting!!! Heh

I know I'm going want RAID later and I will regret not doing it all at once becuase I will have to reformat again....

So I'm pretty much 99% sure I will purchasing another HDD after the sale. Then using the 200 or so bucks I will be making a week I will purchase an X1950XT to hold me over until later when DX10 comes into full force.

hrrm with my money I making Maybe I will get a fan controller or an LED screen...some things to fit in my drive days becuase they are empty >.<

Yea I saw ones for around 25-50 bucks that looked really nice. Then there were the 80-150 LEd displays but I'm not so sure whats different with those heh. Don't they display like your current music and whatnot?

Personally I would go with 8800GTS, this card can completely detroy all of the older DX9 video cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom