Drive partitioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Help, I partitioned my drive the 320GB sata to 3x80gb and one I left "unallocated" i forgot what it was called, i didnt partition it so now on my computer it only shows one two hard drives that has space of 80GB and my raptor drive. THere are other two hard drives that does not specify its space but I assume those are the other two 80gb partition. So I just formatted one of them and its not done yet, maybe that will solve the issue and it will say the space size on it.

Now, what happened to the "unallocated" drive? it shoudl have 4 80gb drives in there but it only shows 1 80gb and two that does not have any free space and its not empty either.

I believe you have to format them, in order for them to show up.

Ye i formatted one and it finally showed up. But now, where is my other one?

I am missing like one 80gb drive.

It should show 4x80gb drives cuz i partitioned them to 80gb each with my 320gb drive

I left one of them "unallocated" which was the last one, how do i recover that 80gb unallocated space?

Help :(

You have to format it. How many of the four 80gb partitions, did you format? And why so many partitions?

You have to format it. How many of the four 80gb partitions, did you format? And why so many partitions?

I did 4 partitions, one for pictures, videos, music and documents

But i cant seem to find the other 80gb partition, i dont think i partitioned it, it was unallocated when i left it. I did it when I was in the process of installing windows vista where i was stuck in that one location.

What should I do or how can i find that unallocated drive?

Go to control panel > administrative tools > computer management > disk management. And I think you should see all your partitions and unallocated space there. Just format the unallocated space, and it should appear in my computer.

thank you! you are a life saver haha, it worked. I just had to do a little hunt since the menu stuff is different but i did it!

Now ima put the pictures on the P:// Drive for Photos and upload it so you guys can see my build :D

thanks, I plugged in my sandisk micro 4gb in my front panel from the case to test to see if i connected those properly and it failed to load the drivers. I think its not vista compatible :( Ill find ways to make it work hehe :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom