Help please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
""
well, i got my x1900xt in the mail today... man, is it big... well anyways, i plug it in (i dont have a pci-e power connector for the card,i tried without it) and it didnt turn on.
""
LoL! The things that I read on this forum, are seriously funny.

Its to much at times... ALmost split my sides..

lol you can stfu >.>

i read that it would tell you to connect the adapter, and plus you can use a 8600gts w/o the adapter, even for games, and it wont hurt the fps...

btw i dont use many things in my case

no cd/dvd drives
1 hdd
2 fans
and ill reduce the oc on my cpu until new psu...

where the **** can i find this?? yes on newegg, but there are bad reviews.

and i got my x1900xt like that, for 90 bucks, you can't say thats a bad deal.

lol you can stfu >.>

i read that it would tell you to connect the adapter, and plus you can use a 8600gts w/o the adapter, even for games, and it wont hurt the fps...

btw i dont use many things in my case

no cd/dvd drives
1 hdd
2 fans
and ill reduce the oc on my cpu until new psu...

where the **** can i find this?? yes on newegg, but there are bad reviews.

and i got my x1900xt like that, for 90 bucks, you can't say thats a bad deal.

The 8600 series cards don't need much power because they suck ***!

If that is all you have and you reduce your OC a little bit (try 2.8ghz and stock volts) you should be fine.

EDIT: ATI recommended 30 amps in a full system. I have been told that their idea of a "full system" is 2HDD's, 2 Optical Drives, a few fans and a few USB devices and add-ons.

Like I said just lower your overclock a bit and you will be fine with 25 amps.

If that is all you have and you reduce your OC a little bit (try 2.8ghz and stock volts) you should be fine.

EDIT: ATI recommended 30 amps in a full system. I have been told that their idea of a "full system" is 2HDD's, 2 Optical Drives, a few fans and a few USB devices and add-ons.

Like I said just lower your overclock a bit and you will be fine with 25 amps.
thanks, and as i said, this is a temp fix... in a few weeks ill buy a new psu. whats a good psu for under 60 that is good for this?? are those rosewill psu's good?

The Rosewill RP550 has 35 amps of very stable power on the 12's. It provides more than enough amps and watts to handle a lot of stuff and then an X1900XT.

No don't touch the 450W Rosewill really...I would not go with any other PSU than the RP550 since thats the only Rosewill that I know has been tested. I mean I had a 450w Stallion that ran my system for 5 months and it worked great but I did not buy that PSU out of recommendation, I did it becuase it was cheap. Rosewill is in no way a trusted brand of PSU's, understand that. Only certain models are known by enthsiasts to be really good and the RP500-2 and RP550-2 are those. That 60 buck model is made by the same company (OEM) as the RP models and it may be very good as well but like I said my recommendations come from tests and other hardcore Power Supply enthusiasts and no one has ever recommended and other Rosewill except the RP500 and RP550. This could be however becuase no more newer models were tested. The RP550 offers enough amps and stable power to where you could run a whole systsem just fine with an 8800GTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom