Building a GODLY comp, come tell me what's wrong with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfinal_Fantasy

Solid State Member
My Godlike Computer:

Motherboard: $109.00
ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard
-
DDR SDRAM
4 GB RAM Supported
5 PCI Slots

Processor: $995.00
Intel Pentium 4/ 3.4 GHz Extreme Edition 800MHz FSB, 2MB L3 Cache, Hyper Threading Technology

Graphic Card: $434.95 (cupon NOSHIPA at gateway)
ATI Radeon X800XT 8X AGP 256MB - Model: RX800XT-VIO -- 12,001

benchmark
Core Mem Core
520MHz 1120 MHz

Sound Card: $79
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Memory/RAM: $289 (2 for $578)
gigaram Memory 184-Pin 1GB DDR PC-3500, Model GR9053-1GB/433/SA -

Samsung OEM
pc-3500 (DDR433)

Hard Drive: $86
Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 120GB Hard Drive

CD Drive: $50
Sony CRX230A/U CD Burner / 52x32x52x CD-RW / B's Recorder Gold

Software

Operating System: $75
Windows XP Home Edition

Optional - Floppy Drive: $40

Power Supply: $50 (sale)
Ultra 600Watt PS - 600 watt

Chassis Fans: $24 for 2

CPU Fan & Heatsink: $38
ZALMAN CNPS7000A-Cu HSF for P4 and Socket A/478/754 1350~2400RPM

Grand Total: $2,320

I think I'm FINALLY done putting this beast togather :p I'm sure there's something wrong, so sombody better tell me before I buy all this!

everything looks good but a few things.. your gonna need some more fans i think becuase thats gonna generate a lot of heat. 2nd, why the intel pentium 4 3.4 extreme? i would get a AMD 64 bit. the FX 51 or 53. i mean come on.. 1000 dollars for a cpu? thats like a total rip off. I would get the amd... But the powersupply looks good cause ur gonna need it.

well the 600w is good, but you might want to go for a more stable psu, like from thermaltake or antec... then the other thing I saw that I don't like is the hard drive, get a SATA hard drive from seagate or WD, and you'll be set, the maxtors are like ata 100, that could slow your system down, as you'll see the conflict in Zips little post that he though was so cool..

Then the last thing, just like monster said, WHY!!! a pentium EE? what a waste! especially since you're trying to build a gaming computer, and you don't even have to get an FX series, but a 3800+ 64 would probably perform almost the same next to a pentium EE, anyways, that's my 2 cents.

that proc wooped the fx-53's ass in some recent tests, go for it and get tons more fans. more reliable ps and then you are on your way.

eh... i would get the amd still. Its 64 bit now. Things are going to be comming out soon with 64 bit technology. but good point u had there Demalii. I have a antec 550 watt. I dont think antec makes a 600 but i dont think it would matter i mean its 50 watts. I have this so much becuase my watercooling runs off my PSU so i needed a bigger one. It was pretty cheap too.. i got it for around 130 dollars. That was in a store not online so of course its gonna be cheaper online prob around 120.. but just a tip. When you are looking at that big of a PSU look how many fans it has. There was this 550 watt PSU i saw in the store it only had 1 fan. It was around 100 dollars too. But i was thinking.. 550 watts creats a ton of heat so im gonna need more fans to get that heat out faster. The antec has 2 fans. So just keep that in mind.

Like everybody else says, go with AMD, not an Intel. Also, although I chose the X800, I would recommend that you get Nvidia's 6800 GeForce graphics card. The reason is that it supports Pixel Shader 3.0, which makes the graphics in FarCry sickeningly beautiful.

beedubaya said:
Like everybody else says, go with AMD, not an Intel. Also, although I chose the X800, I would recommend that you get Nvidia's 6800 GeForce graphics card. The reason is that it supports Pixel Shader 3.0, which makes the graphics in FarCry sickeningly beautiful.

well no.. he should not. Games today use directX 8.0. ATI cards have much better compatiballity with directX then nvidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom