HP pavilion cd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

In Runtime
I promised to look at a problem my friend has with her computer. She clicked on some site that downloaded software to hijack her browser. Maybe other things relative to that event are also impacting her computer. It runs xp pro and seems like a good system. The problem is I cannot get a cd to be read by the machine. Using system tools to see if the hardware is there seems ok, I put a cd in the drive and it just does not see it. She indicated the drive was good. Am I missing something about HP CD's??? Any comments will help, thanks.

Are you sure the CD drive is good. HP makes very low-quality products. I've heard stories about HP rigging computers to only last for so long so that you would be required to buy a new one.

Thanks for the reply, I went back to her and asked when the cd was used last and she now indicates not remembering ever using it. I build my own systems so as to control what goes in it and I like Sony CD's. Sorry to bother you all!!! Thanks again.

could be also that the lens of that laser eye has dust or something on it. happens a lot if the cd drive door is open and/or there is inadequate ventilation. sometimes when there is more exhaust than intake, it'll suck air through any available space it can, i.e. through drive trays hence the dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom