darn kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidmonkey

In Runtime
hello,
i work at a school and some of the students have gotten into my laptop :( its running XP.
the mouse works, but the double clicking of a desktop icon pops up the properties screen instead of running or opening the

icon.
click on a quick launch icon (bottom left) brings up the properties again.
the keyboard does NOT type in anything. instead the 'f' and 'h' key are either arrow left/right or arrow up/down.
as you can see, this is a mega problem and i can't figure it out at all, any ideas of what they did or how to get things

back? (would prefer to NOT do a system restore point)

Sounds like they switched the functions of your mouse buttons. Look in control panel for mouse settings and see if you can fix it. There should be a box to switch primary buttons. You don't want a check in there.

sicky keys and fn keys or sumthin are on i think you press shift and the fn button to undo that and for stickey keys i cant remember

I'm glad your taking this so well. My escapades often ended with suspensions. "Tampering with a Professors personal possessions".

i declared shenanigans.

Yup, Restore point would be the easiest... unless you want to do some learning with going into the control Pan. and start straitening everything out one by one. Hope you have a drink next to ya....LOL

at my school its the teachers who bully and play pranks on each other. one of the maths teachers changed spell check so that every time a latin teacher typed "the" it would change to n o b was great fun watching him just get angrier and angrier at the front of the class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom