Vista Registry Tweaker? Performance Booster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack

Baseband Member
Hey,

I was wondering if there are any registry tweaking softwares or anything of the like for Vista...because I want to do everything I can to get a better performance out of it.

not to the best of my knowledge, but make sure you go to control panel and look for features or something... cant remember exact name. anyway, there are lots of things there you can disable, like tablet drivers? wtf? this is a desktop computer people! all the features are enabled by default, so it can be resource consuming

not to the best of my knowledge, but make sure you go to control panel and look for features or something... cant remember exact name. anyway, there are lots of things there you can disable, like tablet drivers? wtf? this is a desktop computer people! all the features are enabled by default, so it can be resource consuming

could be referring to a good ol' graphics tablet though. I will try mine out in vista later and see if it needs drivers or "just works"

Well I have it set to "Best Performance" in the area where you disable aero, but what's UAC and how do I disable that and Super Fetch?

UAC is the new vista security feature that makes sure you are really really sure b4 you do anything on your comp.

UAC is actually an awesome security feature, cause it asks absolutely EVERYTHING about what is going on, so it may be a pain in the *** but it makes vista really friken safe, however i disabled it, rofl, so annoying

and what is superfetch anyway? and does it pwn my comp? is it worth turning off

superfetch is were vista learns your computer habits and pre installs programmes into ram - ex you always turn pc and load outlook and word vista will store outlook and word in your ram.

it uses around 40% of your entire ram capacity which is a pile of wank but if you do turn on your computer then firefox and itunes often then it is a feature worth having.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom