overclocking an opty 165

Status
Not open for further replies.
windows sees the speed as the same. maybe i just didn't save the BIOS right? or i didn't make any changes and saved or whatever. i bet its my fault. and BTW now when i turn my pc on the pc speaker does this 2 note sound that it has never done before. whats up with that? m

windows sees the speed as the same. maybe i just didn't save the BIOS right? or i didn't make any changes and saved or whatever. i bet its my fault. and BTW now when i turn my pc on the pc speaker does this 2 note sound that it has never done before. whats up with that? m

I have a feeling you must have set something wrong in the bios...either rebooted and not saved settings or set something unstable so maybe it reset to defaults....sorry I'm not familiar with your mobo. When I had my AMD x2 setup I had a DFI Ultra-D...

As for the PC speaker beep ...it's an error code...it might say which one it is in the manual.

Yea, you ran into the same problem i did. You should be able to go much higher but your ram is holding you back, which i presume it is the corsair value ram like i had. The highest i was able to raise my fsb with value ram was about 240 and a multi of 9 which made the clock around 2.25ghz. I knew my ram was holding me back so i bought some lower cas G skill and now i am running close to 3.0ghz on the stock cooler. Hope this helps.

i think you just answered my issue lol
http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/vcore-volt-145023/
it was a dumb idea for buying the value RAM, D4mn it!

hey man, if your ram is runnng at or below rated speed....ITS NOT YOUR RAM holding you back (unless its bad).
amd rigs have the ability to change the ram speed...which gives you the ability to keep yopu ram running at or under specs.
ie like an intel divider.
mattz you are running ddr 400. set it at a lower speed...availible in your bios.

You will always regret those cheap purchases.

Which is why you don't buy "Cheap" in the first place. Even if you think you Won't OC at the start.

hey man, if your ram is runnng at or below rated speed....ITS NOT YOUR RAM holding you back (unless its bad).
amd rigs have the ability to change the ram speed...which gives you the ability to keep yopu ram running at or under specs.
ie like an intel divider.
mattz you are running ddr 400. set it at a lower speed...availible in your bios.

Both RAM are new and excellent working condition
What is holding me back? Im pretty sure its the Vcore
and 2day i got my AMD to run 2.33GHZ MAX!! its so bad :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom