To Wait or not to wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
So I hear the big day for processors is July 22nd where the new prices are listed as here: Intel Core 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've really been waiting long enough however, and really want a new system within the next week or two. I was wondering, when these new processors come out will they really be listed at those prices? Or marked up cause their new? ( Well the new line of core 2 duos are new, not the old quad core 2 duos )

Is it really that worth it to wait? I mean is 1333 FSB and 4 MiB L2 in the Core 2 Duo E6750 going to make it annihilate the old core 2 duo e6700?

I'm really not too interested in the quad cores...

lol in the tech world you can always wait there is always going to be something newer and better coming out in a month but an e6600 overclocked would be an instant fix and as far as I have heard likely to be faster then intels new processors aswell

lol in the tech world you can always wait there is always going to be something newer and better coming out in a month but an e6600 overclocked would be an instant fix and as far as I have heard likely to be faster then intels new processors aswell

true very true, but WolfDale will use the 45nm process and have more cache but i prefer an e6600 now....... and overclock it to the max....

Should I get an e6600 and overclock it, or get an e6700 and overclock it? An e6700 is only 100 dollars more, but does it have more overclocking potential then an e6600?

Nope, they both have similar overclocking potential. The e6700 is just not worth the extra $100.

get an e6600 and a thermaltake ultra 120 buy some artic cooling mx-1 thermal paste or if you want to go extreme performance a phase cooler of course thats only if you have $500 just lying around

whats that new c2d that will have the 4mb cache?
6320 or what?
going from a 6300 to a 6600 that is the bulk of what you are paying for...
if you have a good mobo that can handle the high fsb, then you can have high $$ performance for cheap. cheep cheep.
ie the lower multi chip can handle the same high frequency as the high dollar, high multi chip.
you guys know i'm no intel expert..help me out, am i right?

So I guess the general concensus is that its not worth it to wait...but will the processors be the advertised prices when they come out? Or is there some kind of mark up? ( Sorta like when ATI new R600 card came out and it was higher in price just cause it was new )

i would wait if i were u, but thats just me, coz in about a month and half, u will get a quad core processor for the price u'll pay with a e6600 right now

if u wait ull be waiting for sumthin else shortly after. i think its better to just get wen u need and never look bak.

but i would get a e6600 and a tuniq/thermalright ultra and o/c till the cows come home. not sure on thermal paste as5 is still very good but mx-1 or cool labs one is even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom