cheapest build possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... giving her anything more than a celeron is like giving a corvette to an old lady, a ****ing waste.

meh. but what happens when you are at her house and like..."i'd like to monkey on your computer..."
and then after a few mninutes of dinosaur-like activity, you're like..."i want to destroy this piece of s**t"...
then you break it, lady cries...nobody's happy.
i cant believe you suggested a celeron. my grandma deserves better.

meh. but what happens when you are at her house and like..."i'd like to monkey on your computer..."
and then after a few mninutes of dinosaur-like activity, you're like..."i want to destroy this piece of s**t"...
then you break it, lady cries...nobody's happy.
i cant believe you suggested a celeron. my grandma deserves better.

Who goes over to their girlfriend's house to do anything more than surf the net? The guy asked for the cheapest build possible, a celeron is pretty close to that. It will run everything she needs just fine, anything more is simply overkill. I'm trying to help the guy out and save him some money while making his gf happy. I can't believe you guys are suggesting core 2 duos and 3600+'s when the most it needs to do is run msn and firefox at the same time, my pentium 133 could handle that.

i acutally agree with king austin, if u want to save money, go with a celeron D, socket 775 so its more future proof, as they are fairly cheap these days.

nagasama and kingaustion. you shouldn't be arguing over this as you are not paying for the computer. so just chill and let dario choose what he wants. but i want to butt in. ahaha

also i kind of agree with nagasama. having a decent computer will always be better than an ancient pentium 133. i bet the pentium has trouble using flash player, windows media player, etc. its the same concept as living in a house over a card board box. WE CAN live in a card board box but we choose to live in a house because it has a washroom and other stuff. the pentium 133 CAN surf the web but it will surely have trouble viewing java, flash, etc.
the celeron wont have problems surfing the web or what not but anything can happen. if her friends come over to visit and they want to go on the computer for some gaming or whatever. she atleast have a computer that can do so.

so ask yourself if you want to live in an trailer(celeron) or apartment(brisbane)?

also, having a pentium 133 in a beige case makes you too like your on welfare.

nagasama and kingaustion. you shouldn't be arguing over this as you are not paying for the computer. so just chill and let dario choose what he wants. but i want to butt in. ahaha

also i kind of agree with nagasama. having a decent computer will always be better than an ancient pentium 133. i bet the pentium has trouble using flash player, windows media player, etc. its the same concept as living in a house over a card board box. WE CAN live in a card board box but we choose to live in a house because it has a washroom and other stuff. the pentium 133 CAN surf the web but it will surely have trouble viewing java, flash, etc.
the celeron wont have problems surfing the web or what not but anything can happen. if her friends come over to visit and they want to go on the computer for some gaming or whatever. she atleast have a computer that can do so.

so ask yourself if you want to live in an trailer(celeron) or apartment(brisbane)?

also, having a pentium 133 in a beige case makes you too like your on welfare.

stfu dr. phil. Your reasons are dumb and you're a hypocrite. He's not buying a computer for his girlfriend's friends, just her. There's no reason to accommodate other people on his bill.

reasons are never dumb. if you have them, than express them. also buying a computer for his girlfriend doesn't mean her friends can't use it. What if she has a younger brother that wants to play some games on her PC?

if you are a type of person that doesn't like to reason you shouldn't be posting in this thread. you can't be always correct you know. in this thread, dario wants other people to express there ideas and reasons for which is better and which is not.. i was only agreeing with nagasama.

reasons are never dumb. if you have them, than express them. also buying a computer for his girlfriend doesn't mean her friends can't use it. What if she has a younger brother that wants to play some games on her PC?

if you are a type of person that doesn't like to reason you shouldn't be posting in this thread. you can't be always correct you know. in this thread, dario wants other people to express there ideas and reasons for which is better and which is not.. i was only agreeing with nagasama.

He's going for the cheapest build FOR HIS GIRLFRIEND you jackass. Not the cheapest build that will accommodate the fatal1ty guy if he happened to walk in her door and said "hey, let me game on your computer". There is no reason he should buy her something better because someone else might want to use it past what she needs a computer for.

why would you not go with a 3600? there only like $55. Even if you do find something cheaper, it can only be at most $54 cheaper lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom