Got my parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found my System Clock settings, i see a place where it says 1067, and another place that says 533, which one should i increase to up my processor speed?

edit: i've also gotten the blue screen of death twice now, where can i check the error log?

The one that says 1067 would be your FSB, and the 533 would be the speed of the ram. So you would increase the FSB to, lets say 1100. Then test that for stability.

edit:Already the BSOD? What did you do before?

nothing, i left it on overnight the first time, woke up to a BSOD, then i changed some firefox settings, and BSOD also came on, and the firefox one was a few minutes ago...the 533 is my ram? it says my ram freq is 800mHz

edit: nvm, thats where the 2:3 ratio comes in huh?

set your ram to unlinked and set it to 800 mhz so you can atleast run it at stock speed. You have awesome ram, i know by experience, don't let it go to waste at 533 mhz.

so increase the 533 to 800, and change ratio to 1:1? will that give me improvement over the current 533 2:3 setting?
will this mess with my CPU speed?

No don't change the ration to 1:1, set it to the "unlinked" option, and then up the 533 to 800. It will not change anything about your CPU, it will just get your memory to run at its proper speed. It is currently running slower than it is supposed to.

i am a noob too, so how do u check for stability?
and one moe question, when one overclocks a cpu, is it necessary to play around with the RAM? if so, then why or why not?

jeeeeez....
if you cant get your cpu to stabilize at that speed...forget about the ram.
get your chip stable FIRST. then worry about your memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom