$500 dollar Budget-gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there anything i dont need that i can get from the computer right now like the optical drive?and do you reconment getting an artic cooling fan for my pc with the extra 100 dollars?

Yea, the optical drive isn't necessary, if you already have one from an older computer. I do recommend the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, if you plan on overclocking, which you should.

It's where you make a component, such as the CPU run faster than stock. For example, the X2 3600+'s stock speed is at 1.9GHz. You can overclock it to 2.8-3.0GHz. And it will perform like a more expensive processor, for much less. So you get more performance for your money. An X2 3600+ at 3.0GHz, can be near the performance of a stock e6600, which is $223. Isn't that pretty cool? A $70 processor can perform like a $200+ processor, through overclocking.

basically you increase the speed of the cpu past it's stock speeds so you get better performance for nothing :D. It costs a lot of money to design a new cpu and because of this there is very little difference within ranges for example the e6320 is the same chip architecture as an e6600 but it has had its clocked speed reduced. it is completely safe now to overclock as long as you keep an eye on temperatures a e6600 with a good cooler and ram can be pushed to 3.6 ghz quite easily which is a whole 1ghz faster then its stock speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom