Asus P5N32-E nForce 680i vs P5N-E nForce 650i

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 650i is also more solid of a chipset than the 680i. I think the bugs were worked out of the 680i but still. it is ironic but people still buy the 680i a lot just becuase they think it's better.

yes its very ironic.... not even Sora or b1gapl can convince some stubborn ppl to get a 650i over the 680i, when the 650i is better bang for the buck wise

I wouldn't say it's "better" in every case becuase it does get slighlty higher memory benchmarks and stuff like that and does offer a few extra features but if you are a gamer the 650i is better, not to mention that even if you arent the memory benchmark increase is NOT worth 70 bucks more.

I wouldn't say it's "better" in every case becuase it does get slighlty higher memory benchmarks and stuff like that and does offer a few extra features but if you are a gamer the 650i is better, not to mention that even if you arent the memory benchmark increase is NOT worth 70 bucks more.

i meatn better to bang for the buck way.. i'll fix that.. thanks for noticing

thanks for all the info guys... I guess ill go with the 650i, but the EVGA 680i is only 50 bucks more expensive, is that worth looking into?

sorry to hijack but do any of you 650i owners worry about the north bridge overheating?

is it true that 650i performance is better than p965 boards but also they can be more problematic?

I have a 650i motherboard, and the NB doesn't overheat. I put two 40mm fans on the stock heatsink, to make it cooler. Before I had the fans, it never overheated.

I don't know about the performance comparison between the 650i and the 965P. But I do know the 965P is capable of reaching higher FSB speeds, than the 650i.

If you're looking to be getting extreme clocks - then get the 965p, but the 650i performs slightly better. If I was just getting the most extreme system available - I would be looking at the 680i as it does have more "Bells and Whistles" to go with it. But now the P35 chipset has been released there is little point in the 650/680 unless you want SLI as the P35 can do 550FSB+ with the stock coolers!

i heard the p35 wasnt too great for o/c yet.

as been said the 650i is better for ur money. i could go back my build would be a lil diff and prob would have got a p965 chipset instead. i suppose its all learning

If you own either an E63xx, or E64xx the 965P chipset just may be a better idea for you if you want extreme overclocks due to those chips needed high FSB to get high clocks and the 965P chipset loves high FSB.

The 680i is not worth the extra money I said once.

yes very true very true, but ur Tforce doesn't like high FSB's right? or is it have an issue or something, but the DS3 is totally worth looking into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom