critique my build

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need 4gb of ram, unless you are doing CAD, or heavy graphic and video editing.

How does an X1900GT do better than a X1950XT in a game? And what about the 7900GS, which is only $150/$130 MIR.

Yeah I guess I editted too late. And I figure a year from now, 4 gigs won't be too unnecessary - which is why im not considering it now. Don't want to spend the extra cash on a 1950, and the 7900gs doesn't perform as well as the 1900 in the game I'm gonna be playing most.

Yeah I guess I editted too late. And I figure a year from now, 4 gigs won't be too unnecessary - which is why im not considering it now. Don't want to spend the extra cash on a 1950, and the 7900gs doesn't perform as well as the 1900 in the game I'm gonna be playing most.

truth be told i would dish the xtra 40$ for a sapphire x1950xt, because with a little overclocking u can push that little guy to XTX speeds

The 7900GS overclocks and beats the X1900GT hands down. Overclocking is 100% safe on cards as long as you make sure your temps don't go in the high 80's. Once both cards are overclocked I doubt the X1900GT will be better in any game you play.

The X1900GT isn't a bad card either though and good for the money.

However the X1950XT DESTROYS both of those cards easily and it is worth the extra money.

EDIT: You do know that making a DDR3 system right now is not the best idea right? Do you know how long it took for DDR2 to become the mainstream after it came out? mark my word that early DDR3 memory will be SLOWER than DDR2 with D9's in them. I highly suggest you make a system that is more geared towards the Quad-Cores becuase they will be going down.

Also that motherboard will never overclock I'm sure and then when the chips do come out you will see people with their overclockable P35 boards putting their same chip to 60-80% the speed of yours.

I just bought all that stuff, but I did end up buying the x1950xt instead. And I also plan on buying the yorkfields when they come in 2008.

Yah, I'm also feelin kinda happy that I upgraded to a better motherboard. Well... hopefully I can get all this stuff by friday :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom