Is my RAM that good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you guys mean xms isnt overclockable???
i can (note the "i can" part...i dont all the time) run mine at 480+mhz w/ 4-4-3-5 timings, stable. thats a pretty beefy overclock...certainly with those timings...
at 4-4-4-12 i can run it at like 550+.
at 5-5-5-15 dont even get me started...:p
but in any event, ima gonna git me some gskill soon and put the xms in the moms rig. gskill is VERY overclockable, but to say that xms isnt is kinda funny. woot woot :)

XMS2 uses proMOS chips just as G.skill HK's and below however G.skill "binns" their chips to make sure they are highly overclockable. Corsair just makes sure they will reach the rated speeds needed, so it's a hit and miss really. You could have XMS2 that beats out the HK's and then turn around and get a stick that won't overclock 1mhz. That's why we recommend G.skill

what do you guys mean xms isnt overclockable???
i can (note the "i can" part...i dont all the time) run mine at 480+mhz w/ 4-4-3-5 timings, stable. thats a pretty beefy overclock...certainly with those timings...
at 4-4-4-12 i can run it at like 550+.
at 5-5-5-15 dont even get me started...:p
but in any event, ima gonna git me some gskill soon and put the xms in the moms rig. gskill is VERY overclockable, but to say that xms isnt is kinda funny. woot woot :)

480mhz at 4-4-3-5? Is that just the standard XMS2 memory? What speed is it rated for?

I think he got the XMS2 that's rated for DDR2-800 4-4-4-12. I remember seeing that in his old sig.

those are standard XMS2 however I believe not only did he get good chips he uses 2.3 VDIMM or something which is higher than the average. If i remember correctly XMS2 use to contain very good chips in them always and then they started using whatever they wanted and thats when a lot of their fans rebeled on them.

yep. correct in all accounts there fellas.
spd of my ram is 5-5-5-18
but it is rated at ddr2 800 4-4-4-12 @2.1v
and yessir i have to hit them with 2.3 to get those timings. but they like it heh heh.

Yep Like I said XMS2 these days anymore are just hit and miss. Most ram with heatspreaders can handle 2.3-2.4v just fine.

yep. correct in all accounts there fellas.
spd of my ram is 5-5-5-18
but it is rated at ddr2 800 4-4-4-12 @2.1v
and yessir i have to hit them with 2.3 to get those timings. but they like it heh heh.

:( Mine don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom