HD-DVD+PowerDVD Ultra+ 8800 GTX... What's wrong?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddyn

Baseband Member
Hi everyone,

I have:

An xbox 360 HD-DVD player
PowerDVD Ultra (the one that plays BD and HDDVD)
'Gigabyte' brand nVidia 8800 GTX
Opteron 165 (dual core) @ 2.7Ghz
2GB RAM
24" 1920x1200 resolution Monitor with DVI-D HDCP input (connected to graphics card with DVI)

Windows XP
nVidia 158.22 Forceware drivers

Sounds like an HD ready HDCP compatible sytem, right? The Cyberlink BD/HD Advisor agrees, saying that my Processor, System Memory, graphics card, Graphics card driver, HD DVD drive, Software Player and Video Connection type are ALL HD DVD ready.

BUT.............

When I play an HD DVD (so far I've tried King Kong and We Were Soldiers) it launches but within a few minutes of the movie starting it says "Fail to enable HDCP. Please switch to analog output (VGA, D-Sub) and try again. -(Error Code = 0107) Please run the BD/HD Advisor tool for more information."
Underneath that message there are three buttons, one says 'Run Now' (that's to run the application that has said that I'm completely up to spec) 'Cancel' and 'More info' (which takes me to the CyberLink site).

The video quality is noticeably poor, and is definitely not running in 1080p as it should... more like 480p!

I can't tell you how frustrated I am... I'd really appreciate it if you guys could help me out.

That sounds like a codec thing, but its an xbox. I have been reading about computers enabled with dvd players and high end graphics card, how they are still not able to play hddvds, because of something they enabnle on the disk. It could be similar to that, where the disable the capability to play

It could jsut be that the signal being transfered from the 360 to the PC isnt getting encoded right. Even though you say that the cable supports HD transfers doesnt mean that it does.

Try installing SourceForge.net: AC3Filter thiat and see if that helps any. XP and Vista alike do not have the codecs needed to show HD viedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom