Any software to monitor the cpu/gpu temperatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets say the following apps:

windows
adobe photoshop cs2
movie editing software
some light home designing software (the retail ones u get)
paintshop pro
a good dvd ripper
and u-torrent for downloading stuff
direct X 10
and some games

Probably 30-50GB. I usually set my Windows partition to 30GB. And I like to separate my games and downloads on the other partitions.

Probably 30-50GB. I usually set my Windows partition to 30GB. And I like to separate my games and downloads on the other partitions.

gimme a good partition estimate for the primary hard-disk which is 320 gb

and the secondary which is 500 gb.

gimme a good partition estimate for the primary hard-disk which is 320 gb

and the secondary which is 500 gb.

Remmeber you will want to use the Secondary as A back up drive.

Meaning whatever files you have on the 320GB drive that you deem important are duplicated onto the 500GB Drive.

And when you run out of space, whatever you can't fit on the 320..

Remmeber you will want to use the Secondary as A back up drive.

Meaning whatever files you have on the 320GB drive that you deem important are duplicated onto the 500GB Drive.

And when you run out of space, whatever you can't fit on the 320..

is it also possible to allot a part of the system memory just to these apps?

like if i have say 2 gigz of ram, can i allot like 1 gig just to the os to run smoothly kinda thing..

Uh, yea, called Pagefile. If Both Drives are attached directly to mobo by SATA or EIDE you can place a Page file on both Drives. (If its USB External you could also do this, but then you would have to leave the External on all the time to use its Pagefile)

I myself "alloted" 1024MB to my page file and made it static.

If your talking about the RAM itself. Then no. You cannot manually set what the memory does and what uses it. Whatever is running will be on either just the RAM, the RAM and some pagefile, or just Pagefile. Most programs use mostly RAM and a small small amount of pagefile.

The amount of harddrives, space or partitions you have has nothing to do the RAM and its allocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom