Intergrated video card Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaktree5489

Baseband Member
I went Back and replaced my ATI Radeon 9600 All-in-wonder 128 AGP video card with a ATI Radeon 9200 128 PCI Card. (i know its not as good but i guess ill have to live with it) But the card wont install.I have an intergrated card and In the manual it says to disable any intergrated card that is on the motherboard. I went into the computer management and uninstalled and disabled the bulit in one. but the PCI card still wont install. I still use the bulit-in Monitor plug/port because the PCI card does't send a signal to my monitor. Also when I start the computer an error message comes up that says the card's driver is gone or that its not working properly. I installed the software and drivers like it says in the manual but the driver for the bulit in card is still in the computer management thing along with the PCI card driver.

Can i take out the bulit-in card? or How do i get past the driver to make the other card work?

Dell Dimension 2350
intel pentium 4 2.5 ghz
512 mb ram (no agp port)

Disable the driver for the integrated card before installing your new card. With the new card plugged in, plug your monitor into it and it should boot XP to where you can install the new driver.

Disable you integrated video card from the BIOS. Install your video card. Boot up and it will be detected. Go to the ATI site, download and install the latest drivers and control panel.

The indtructions should tell you to to install the card while still using your Intergrated graphics.Then when you shut down the sytem switch your Monitor cable over to the new card boot into bios make your PCI selection disable onboard video then boot .
When your rebooted Windows may still try to install the Intergrated video , cancel that. Go to device manager Find the problemed HardWare(which is the Intergrated Video Adapter that tried to reinstall ) and select disable never use this device.

Okay, now lets take this a step further if I dare....
A guy at work was having problems with sasser and popups... I gave him a cd and instructions for cleaning the stuff up, but he couldnt follow them... no suprise... I told him to bring the pc in and I would take it home and clean it out for him...

Well, he managed to snap the video connector (just the plastic) off the mobo. it is a DELL 2350 I cant get the pins lined back up into the connector and I'm not about to (*not good enuf with the gun*) to resolder a connector... - I put in a pci video card.. but the system shows nothing on it...

I would imagine I need to change the bios setting to get it to turn off the onboard video.. but I cannot plug in a monitor to do that....

Can someone tell me exactly what keys I need to press to get into bios and change the video setting or will just resetting the bios with the jumper do that?

Or can someone recommend a decent microatx 478 mobo that i could just replace this with....
tanks,
rog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom