My P4 is in a Coma!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should look like this:
l3s1.gif

Look for the words CMOS, CCMOS, Clear RTC, or something like that near the pins. Tell me if you've found it.

OK so first you remove the CMOS battery, then you move the pins to 2-3, for 5-10 seconds. Then put it back to 1-2, and reinstall the CMOS battery. That's it.

Still nothing shows up on the monitor? Try to test another power supply, like I said before. Another possibility is the ram and motherboard.

tried it, all RAM is up and running perfectly..... motherboard LED lights up, not sure about the PSU tho..... should i have not used the hair dryer when i cleaned it?

lol...I'm not sure, but blowing hot air into computer components doesn't sound really good. But try and test another power supply, if possible.

kept it really far... so probably not the issue.... well tis screwed up i guess... thanks for trying to help..... i'll keep powering it on and off... but last thing... i think my CMOS battery is a bit too loose.... how do u know if its in enough?

It sort of clicks into place, when it's in. You don't have another PSU you can try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom