My P4 is in a Coma!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
Well my computer is starting to die.... what i did day-b4-yesterday..... was use a hair dryer to blow out a lot of the dust... then i used a cotton swab for the heatsink, but now when i power it doesn't post (as in it boots lights up, no monitor action, vid card and monitor works perfectly, it should make a little beep then read the floppy, but it doesn't do that so i'm sure its not posting).... i would remove the CMOS battery but i don't know how, what do i do?

Try to test another power supply if possible. To take out the CMOS battery, use a pin or something small to pry it out. Theres a little thing you push in, and the battery will pop out.

ah... usually what i do when this happens... is power on/off and the VIA chipset... will reset the CMO's on its own time... CMOS Checksum error.. BIOS Defaults Set.... i need to fix this.... i miss my games!!!

i removed teh CMO's batery and put it back after i put it out... no luck... what did i do wrong? was i supposed to keep it out for a certain amount of time

The steps to reset the CMOS is to, take out the battery. Then move the jumper pins from 1-2 to the 2-3 position, for about 5-10 seconds. Then you put it back to 1-2 position, and put the battery back. It should say in your motherboard manual.

Check the motherboard manual for your motherboard, on the location of the jumper pins.

Usually it's on the bottom right hand corner of the motherboard. But check a manual online, to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom