Need a build.... for post-July

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
i need a good system where i can fold a lot and play new games.... it will be post July.... not sure whether to consider Intel or AMD tho :) usually i would give my own build.... but i only know about future Intel..... but really want the best performing one....

1k budget

i do a lot of folding... but i am taking a ap multimedia class, but if it runs on a 3.0 ghz P4 with 1 gb ram and integrated GMA graphics i really don't need a sophisticated rig... budget is 1k btw.... i do game... a lot....

you just have that under copy and paste don't you and edit it when needed

you just have that under copy and paste don't you and edit it when needed
haha...You caught me. I have a few written, for different budgets. Makes things much much easier.

vernong,
If you do alot of folding, you can stretch the budget just a tiny bit if you can, and get the Q6600 on July 22 for around $270.

ah! i see thanks.. but i hear AMD are better when coming to Folding@Home?

You must be thinking ATI graphic cards, which is under AMD's name. ATI graphic cards, are the best for folding.

yeah but the actual speed difference between the two chips just makes going amd useless as the amd's are only better with a comparable speed intel the speed difference is so wide that it doesn't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom