Any software to monitor the cpu/gpu temperatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Everest Ultimate to tell me all my temperatures. For more accurate readings, sometimes I turn on CoreTemp for CPU, or ATI Tool for GPU. But Everest is pretty accurate for everything.

Guys i wana ask something..

is it sensible to get 2 hard drives or just one ?

is it better to buy just one hard drive and partition it ?

and whats with the raid setting everyone talks about ?

1.is it sensible to get 2 hard drives or just one ?

2.is it better to buy just one hard drive and partition it ?

3.and whats with the raid setting everyone talks about ?

1. Two, One for back ups one for OS and everything else.

2. To number one also: It depends, if you won't have alot of important data then you don't need a second harddrive for back ups. You can just get one.

3. RAID - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RAID is a way of getting an extra performance boost or more security. RAID 0 aka stripping, splits the data up, into two hard disk. So things will write and read faster, coming from two hard drives at once, instead of just one. Downside, is if one hard drive fails, you lose the data in both hard drives, since data is intertwined between the two hard drives.

RAID 1 is where you take two hard drives, and mirror them. It's basically two hard drives with the same info, like a clone. So if one goes down, you still have the other.

is it sensible to get 2 hard drives or just one ?

is it better to buy just one hard drive and partition it ?

and whats with the raid setting everyone talks about ?

1. depends. if you like a alot of space, get 2 36gb raptors and raid them. then get a 500 gb perpendicular drive.

2. refer to #1.

3. there are a few raids. raid 0 is performance. lets says its like crossfire of hard drives. in xfire, theres scizzor mode. one gpu renders one half of the screen, and the other does the other. in raid, you have 2+ hard drives. data is split up amongst the drives. lets say you have a song. free bird.mp3. its like 10mb. so, its split up onto 2 hard drives, 5 mb on each. then you choose the size of the "stripes". im not sure about the sizes, but i think there are a few like 24kb, 64kb, or 32kb. thats how big the sectors are. then theres raid 1. its more secure. there are 2+ hard drives. data is copied onto them, freebird.mp3. theres 10mb of freebird on one, and 10mb on the other. so if one hdd fails, the other one is there to pick up where the other one was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom